|Continuing Legal Education|
The NHCBA is certified by the New York State CLE Board as an Accredited Provider of continuing legal education in the State of New York. We offer courses that are appropriate for both newly admitted and experienced attorneys.
Financial aid is available upon application. Please review the Continuing Legal Education Tuition Assistance and Payment Policy. If you are interested in applying for Continuing Legal Education financial aid, please fill out the CLE Financial Assistance Application Form and return it to the New Haven County Bar Association.
ETHICS 2015 | February 25, 2015
A don’t miss interactive workshop to help lawyers avoid practicing outside the Rules of Professional Conduct
Seminar 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. | Gateway Community College, Room N100-B, New Haven, CT
Desi Imetovski, Esq.
Anthony Nuzzo Jr., Esq.
Includes demonstrations how to:
Partnerships – Section 704(b) Rules: The Business and Tax Implications of the Regulatory Language
Wednesday, March 4, 2015 | Seminar 4:00 - 6:00pm
· Discuss application of the section 704(b) regulations to partnerships and limited liability companies;
· Working through special allocation provisions;
· The importance of revaluations;
· Getting tax benefits for partners purchasing an interest in a partnership or limited liability company;
· How do “minimum gain,” qualified income offset,” and “deficit restoration” provisions work.
Cost: $55 Members, $85 Non-members, $15 law student members and TACS.
Landlord Tenant Law in CT: Practice and Procedure
Thursday, March 26, 2015 | Seminar 4:00 - 6:00pm
Noble F. Allen, Hinckley, Allen & Snyder LLP
Suzanne Colasanto, Chief Clerk, New Haven Housing Court
Understand the Legal Concepts in Landlord and Tenant Law and the Statutory Triggers in Summary Process|
Topics covered will include:
· Know How to Properly Prepare a Notice to Quit
· Learn Crucial Eviction Strategies
· Gain Tips for Proper Housing Court Procedures
· Understand the Difference Between Commercial and Residential Evictions
· Get the Latest in Recent Landlord Tenant Case Law and Statutes
Cost: $55 Members, $85 Non-members, $15 NHYL, law student members and TACS.
CONTINUING LEGAL EDUCATION COMMITTEE
The Continuing Legal Education committee is responsible for organizing all educational seminars for attorneys and paralegals. We also sponsor the "Nuts & Bolts” CLE series for newer attorneys, which features practice tips for a variety of areas, as well as ethics, legal skills and practice management.