The NHCBA's Continuing Legal Education presents:
How Much Risk Are You Willing to Take? Time to Break Some Bad Habits!
How to Avoid Being Sued or Grieved
September 18, 2013
Superior Court, 235 Church St., 9th Fl., New Haven
Seminar 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Topics covered will include:
How to Avoid Being Grieved...
Breaking bad habits:
- no fee agreement or a poorly drafted one
- not understanding the risk of representing more than one client
- not understanding the risk of depositing your fee into the firm account before you do the work
- how to handle someone else's money
Anticipating trouble before it happens
- being set up by your opponent to be disqualified from representation
- not communicating with your client as viewed by the professional rules
- not representing your client completely as viewed by the professional rules
COST: FREE for Members, law student members & TAC members, $55 Non-members
Pre-payment requested. Full refund with 24 hour cancellation notice.
Materials will be provided at the door. This seminar qualifies for two (2) hours of CLE ethics credit.
Please call the office if you need special assistance or a certificate of attendance.
The NHCBA has been certified by the New York State CLE Board as an Accredited Provider of continuing legal education in the State of New York. This course is appropriate for both newly admitted and experienced attorneys.
Registration Form & Flyer
Pre-registration by September 16, 2013 is requested. Call 203-562-9652 with questions.