JOIN Lawyer Referral Service (LRS) now!
The New Haven County Bar Association is proud to sponsor the Lawyer Referral Service, a not-for-profit program that provides via telephone a client with an unbiased referral to an attorney who has experience in the area of law appropriate to the client's needs. It is the only lawyer referral service in Connecticut that meets referral service standards established by the American Bar Association.
Currently the Lawyer Referral Service (LRS) receives thousands of calls per year asking for assistance and makes referrals to hundreds of clients in most areas of law, including Wills, Estates and Probate, Family, Landlord/Tenant, Employment, Bankruptcy, Real Estate and Contracts.
Helping People Find Qualified Attorneys For Over 50 Years!
Now nearly 60 years strong, the LRS welcomes any attorney interested in building their practice. Attorneys are needed in all areas of law as well as in all geographic areas that the New Haven County LRS serves, especially the Valley and Greater Waterbury areas.
Our Promise To You
To participate, an attorney must have the desire to:
- Acquire pre-screened, “case worthy” clients to build your practice;
- Improve your public image;
- Give back to your local community by participating in a nearly 60 year-old, not-for-profit public service, the only lawyer referral service in CT that meets ABA standards;
- Access our Mentor Program, if needed, for support and guidance;
- Establish a solid network of your peers; and
- Make money!
To join, attorneys must:
- Be a licensed attorney in good standing with the State of Connecticut;
- Have no current grievance determinations;
- Carry a minimum of $1,000,000/$1,000,000 professional liability insurance;
- Be willing to provide a free consultation up to 30 minute to the potential client;
- Agree to abide by the Policies and Procedures of the LRS.
To Join LRS (in sub-categories):
LRS Operation Principles
LRS Operating Procedures
LRS Law Firm Acknowledgement
LRS 2012-2013 Certification Agreement
LRS 2012-2013 Experienced Panel Request
LRS Bankruptcy Panel Request
LRS Environment Law Panel Request
LRS Estate Planning Probate Panel Request
LRS Medical/Dental Malpractice Panel Request
LRS Personal Injury Panel Request
LRS Professional Malpractice Panel Request
LRS Social Security/Disability Panel Request
LRS Workers Compensation Panel Request